To attend our dances you must agree to the policy below and sign the waiver, either in person or, preferably, by filling out this
Chicagoland English Country Dancers/ Chicagoland West International Folk Dancing
Health Policy (updated January 2023)
Assumption of Risk, and Liability Waiver
Our goal is to keep our community as safe as possible.
Chicagoland English Country Dancers require that participants in our in-person indoor events:
- have up to date COVID-19 vaccination status, as defined by the CDC, with all required COVID-19 vaccinations as well as suggested boosters. Effective February 1, 2023, this will mean that attendees must have provided proof of an initial COVID-19 vaccine series plus a bivalent booster in order to be admitted to an indoor dance event.
Proof of vaccination should be provided:
- in advance of an event, by emailing a photo or scan of vaccination card to email@example.com (this needs only be done once, or repeated with updated boosters), OR
- presented on arrival at the event.
- wear N95 or KN95 equivalent masks anytime indoors when not actively eating or drinking.
- not attend an event if experiencing symptoms of illness, testing positive with a rapid antigen test, or suspecting recent exposure to COVID-19
In addition, participants must sign or agree online to the waiver below
- I acknowledge that participating in English country dancing subjects me to the risk of physical illness or injury (minimal, serious, or catastrophic), that I am assuming this risk, and that I will not hold the event organizers or venue responsible or liable for any illness or injury I incur.
- In particular, with respect to the COVID-19 situation, I acknowledge that COVID-19 and its variants are highly infectious viruses that can result in serious illness and possibly death. I acknowledge that it is spread through person-to-person contact, primarily through the air, and that the risk of the virus is greater indoors than outdoors. I also acknowledge that social dancing and couple dancing may not allow for recommended social distancing. Thus, I acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 through participation, and I voluntarily assume that risk.
- I agree to the requirements above, and I agree to comply with additional measures aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of illness, measures which may need to be adopted by Chicagoland English Country Dancers, by event venues, or by any controlling governmental entity at any time.
- I agree to notify the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if I test positive for COVID-19, so that other participants who may have been exposed can be informed.
- I attest that I am fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and I am providing a valid proof of vaccination. Photocopy and digital copies are acceptable proof.