Chicagoland English Country Dancers — Harvest Moon Dance Weekend 2022
Assumption of Risk and Liability Waiver
Our goal is to keep our community as safe as possible. Chicagoland English Country Dancers require that participants in our in-person indoor events be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC, with all required COVID-19 vaccinations as well as suggested boosters. Proof of vaccination should be provided in advance of an event, or if this is not possible, such proof must be presented on arrival.
- I acknowledge that participating in English country dancing subjects me to the risk of physical illness or injury (minimal, serious, or catastrophic), that I am assuming this risk, and will not hold the event organizers or venue responsible or liable for any illness or injury I incur.
- In particular with respect to the COVID-19 situation, I acknowledge that COVID-19 and its variants are highly infectious viruses that can result in serious illness and possibly death. I acknowledge that it is spread through person-to-person contact, primarily through the air, and that the risk of the virus is greater indoors than outdoors. I also acknowledge that social dancing and couple dancing may not allow for recommended social distancing. Thus, I acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 through participation, and I voluntarily assume that risk.
- I agree to stay home and not attend if I feel sick or if I may have had COVID within the 10 days before the event. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, sore throat, fever, chills, fatigue, headache, cough, labored breathing or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, or congestion. See the CDC website for the latest information on additional symptoms.
- I agree to take a rapid antigen test within 24 hours before I arrive at the Harvest Moon Dance Weekend and to share any positive results with the event organizers, and that I will not come if that test is positive.
- I agree to comply with additional measures aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of the virus, measures which may need to be adopted by Chicagoland English Country Dancers, by event venues, or by any controlling governmental entity at any time. This includes our expected requirement of N95 or KN95 equivalent masks for all indoor dancing.
- I agree to notify the organizers at email@example.com immediately if I test positive for COVID-19 during or after the weekend, so that other participants who may have been exposed can be informed.
- I attest that I am fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and I am providing a valid proof of vaccination. Photocopy and digital copies are acceptable proof.